Spicy Raw Salsa
This flavorful salsa recipe is compliments of my lovely friend, Lolita Walters from The Health Chick.
I have TONS of beautiful organic tomatoes coming in from the garden and this is one of my favorite recipes for using them up. I tried this salsa recipe last summer from Lolita and LOVED it! I must share with you!! It is quite addictive, spicy and will go fast! So be prepared to make more.
- 5-6 tomatoes (preferably Organic)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium purple onion
- 1 clove garlic (or more! - I used 3)
- 1 small bunch of cilantro (coriander)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 TB. raw apple cider vinegar (check it still contains the ‘mother’)
- A few drops NuNaturals liquid stevia (optional)
- pinch of sea salt or pink himalayan salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes (optional, for extra heat) - but I highly suggest!!!
- 1) Finely dice tomatoes, red pepper and purple onion and combine in a bowl.
- 2) Mince, grate or thinly slice the garlic. Chop coriander. Add both to the tomato mix and combine well.
- 3) Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- 4) Put the mixture into glass jars and secure the lid. Make sure it all gets coated by the ‘marinade.’
- You can enjoy the salsa immediately or refrigerate it and it will last for quite some time because the apple cider vinegar preserves the salsa mix and will enhance the flavors over time!
Enjoy with some organic tortilla chips, raw jicama fries, by the spoonful, on top of salads, veggie wraps (raw or gluten-free), with guacamole, and so much more!May the GREENS be with You! and Be Inspired! Kibby