Superfood Double Chocolate Fudge Brownie
When I first saw the recipe here, I thought “Yeah, another raw chocolate brownie. I’ve made dozens of those.” However, the DOUBLE CHOCOLATE FUDGE part enticed me to the DARK (chocolate) side and I had to try it. I had all the ingredients and went to
work “playing” (it isn’t working when creating delicious food in the kitchen to me). I used a few different ingredients than what the original recipe called for. I used maple syrup instead of agave. I used NuNaturals stevia instead of the dates. I could have used ground almonds, but I had some dehydrated hazelnut pulp (flour) from making hazelnut milk a few weeks ago and knew it would blend nicely with the chocolate flavor. From my old baking days, hazelnuts and chocolate are complimentary partners! So, in went the hazelnut flour.
When I had the dough mixed, I tasted to make sure the flavors were right. Holy FREAKING moly! THIS WAS THE BEST RAW BROWNIE I had EVER had! REALLY! This is just my own personal opinion. I have made a bunch of different recipes of raw brownies and tasted other peoples versions and this one SHINES with chocolatey and nutty delight! I was so excited! I said to Scott “You’ve GOT to try this!” He is always so willing and obliging to try anything I create. He took a bite and his eyes opened wide and he mumbled “HHUUUUMMM!!! This is FANTASTIC!” I know!!!
If you don’t have all the ingredients, go ahead and make it anyways. I don’t think it will take away from the overall tastiness. I’ve never put tahini in a brownie recipe before and I loved the nuttiness from it. All the ingredients just played beautifully together in this mix. So, are you ready for this recipe? * Sorry about some of the pictures – I took them at night and not the best lighting.*
- 1 cup desiccated or macaroon coconut flakes
- 1 cup of almonds, ground ( I used hazelnut flour “dehydrated pulp”-ground)
- ½ cup Tahini or raw almond butter
- ¼ cup Lucuma powder
- ¼ Maca Powder
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 6 drops of NuNaturals stevia or 1 cup chopped dates
- ½ cup Grade B Maple Syrup
- 3 scoops vanilla Sunwarrior protein powder
- 1-2 HEAPING TB. raw honey
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor, except for the cacao nibs.
- Process until well combined into a dough – slightly sticky. You want to be able to put some in your hand, squeeze and have it hold form. At this point, I dumped the dough into a bowl and added the cacao nibs and mixed in by hand. I like playing with my food when I can. I can give it love this way when I am fondling it. Just saying!
- After nibs are good and mixed in, either roll into balls, form in a brownie tray, into a mini muffin pan or large heart shaped form. Whichever shakes your fancy!
I hope you get a chance to play around with this recipe and let me know what variations you come up with. I can see several: cinnamon, carob, mesquite, sweet dried cherries, etc. Have fun with it and more fun EATING it!♥ For more healthy living and organic gardening tips, quick recipes, what I’m eating and inspirational quotes, LOVE me on Facebook. Lots of fun stuff!
May the GREENS be with you!