Raw Cacao Hemp seed Nutella
I know the original Nutella recipe is made with hazelnuts, but I wanted to make a nut-free and sugar-free version. Don’t hate me, but I created this hemp seed Nutella variation several months ago. Slow on getting it to you. Sorry! Better late than never, right!
This chocolate hemp seed butter is MAGICAL! You’re thinking – Really!? Yes, REALLY!! Eat it straight out of the jar or spread it on ANYTHING and melt (you and the food in your mouth). I’ve used it on Pumpkin Gingerbread Scones (don’t worry – recipe coming tomorrow!), gluten-free pancakes, muffins, stirred into a.m. oatmeal, and it makes a quick chocolate hemp seed milk (1 heaping TB. of hemp seed butter to 1 cup of water – BLEND! Enjoy!) just to name a few. Have fun using it on whatever you can find. It’s also nice spread on your SWEETIES face, arm, neck, etc. 😉 Like I said, magical!
Hemp seeds are a nutritional powerhouse! I use them daily in my diet and I purchase in bulk – 5 pounds at a time. I use Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts/Seed (great quality and reasonable price).
Hemp seeds are a gift of nature. They are the most nutritious seed in the world. Hemp Seeds are a complete protein. They have the most concentrated balance of proteins, essential fats, vitamins and enzymes combined with a relative absence of sugar, starches and saturated fats.
- Excellent source of essential fatty acids including Omega 3, 6 and GLA in the perfect balance.
- More digestible protein than meat, whole eggs, cheese, human milk, cows milk or any other high protein food
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Increases energy levels & metabolic rate
- Lowers blood LDL cholesterol levels
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves cardiovascular circulation & function
- Improves organ function
- Improves immunity levels
- Reduces symptoms of PMS & menstrual cramps
- Reduces inflammation and the symptoms of arthritis
- Improves recovery of muscles after exercise
- Reduces & treats dry skin and hair conditions
- Reduction of many degenerative diseases through preventative measures
- Can be eaten by those unable to tolerate nuts, gluten, lactose or sugar; there are no known allergies to hemp foods.
Let’s get started!!
- 1 1/2 cups Hemp Seeds (Manitoba Harvest)
- 3 TB. raw Cacao Powder (Navitas Naturals)
- 1 TB. melted coconut oil (Nutiva)
- 1/2 cup homemade almond milk - more if needed for a thinner consistency - your call.
- 15 drops NuNaturals liquid stevia (sugar-free) or 1 to 2 TB. maple syrup/raw honey/coconut sugar - to your personal sweetness level
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of pink himalayan salt (my bottle has some pepper flakes mixed in) - nice touch!
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor (I used my mini processor) or high speed blender. Blend till smooth and creamy. You may have to stop a few times and scrape down sides.
- Adjust sweetness.
- Will keep in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks - believe me, it won't last that long! :)
Tomorrow, the vegan, gluten-free Pumpkin Gingerbread Scones are coming your way! OOOOH – these are such an exciting and glorious creation.May the GREENS be with You! and Be Inspired! Kibby