Pink Cream Icing and Catering Photos
Last week, I had the honor of catering my friend, Sheena Murdock’s baby shower with healthy, gluten-free, sugar free, vegan and superfood meals. How freaking cool!! Never thought about catering, but I am so glad my friend, Lynn Bonner approached me with the offer, which I greeted with delight. A new challenge and opportunity – why not!
Meet the beautiful, radiant mama – Sheena!
She is so cool, precious and a fantastic, grounded mom to two other lovely little girls. I admire and respect her.
I prepared everything at my home and transported to Lynn’s house, where the party was held. I set up, presented and served (making sure bowls were consistently full) and did full cleanup. I got to do all this, eat, mingle and have fun at the same time. I made some cute food cards for the food so everyone knew what they were eating (well, pretty much). I served Massaged Kale salad, guacamole, Stuffed Peppers with veggies and quinoa, Quinoa pasta with veggies and spicy vegan cheese sauce, vegan french onion dip, and mini Chocolate cupcakes with pink and purple cream icing.
On the menu were sorted gluten-free chips, veggie crudites for dipping, salsa, etc. There was also plenty of wine – it’s a party, you know. This was THE BEST baby shower I have ever been to. No silly games. Just good company, connecting with new and familiar people, Sheena opening presents and everyone enjoying GOOD food and spirits. Everyone had fun.
Let us take a look at some of the pictures of the evening. I prepared LARGE portions for 10 ladies attending (small party), so it was a good experience for a first time gig.
You’ve got to see the recipe at the end for the creamy icing that was vegan, sugar-free and made with superfoods and produce to acquire the colors NATURALLY. I was so tickled with my end results.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 10 -15 drops of NuNaturals liquid stevia (to taste - more or less) or 2 TB. Grade B Maple syrup
- 1 TB. fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB. water as needed to facilitate blending (more if needed)
- tiny pinch of pink himalayan salt - to bring out sweetness
- Pink coloring: add a small 1" chunk (diced) of fresh beet root to the ingredient mix. For a darker pink, add more beet. Adjust flavors as needed.
- Purple coloring: add 1 tsp. Acai powder and 1 tsp. macqui powder (superfoods). Or you could use some fresh blueberries (blue) and a few raspberries or strawberries (red) to make a purple color.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Use tamper (Vitamix) to get it moving. Adjust sweetness to desired taste.
Everyone seemed to enjoy the food that was prepared. I had several people asking lots of questions about the different recipes and what I do. Planting seeds! Some of the leftovers were quickly scooped up and taken home by several ladies. That’s a GOOD sign! I had such a fun time catering this baby shower for Sheena. Let me know if any of you out there desire my services – I would so love to do it again. I love spreading and sharing AMAZINGLY healthy food that tastes FANTASTIC to those who would not otherwise have the opportunity to try it.May the GREENS be with You! and Be Inspired! Kibby