Chocolate Mint (AKA Peppermint Patty) Ice Cream
I have a treat for you all today! I mentioned several weeks ago in a post that I had a SWEET giveaway coming up for you and boy IS IT! One of my favorite stevia companies, NuNaturals, sent me a pretty sweet (no pun intended) gift box full of stevia products to sample. I love all of them! I have been a huge NuNaturals fan and user for about 4 years now and when I say they are the real deal – they are! They have a few new products in their lineup (which are all stellar in my opinion) and one of my favorites is the COCOA MINT SYRUP. Oh, my! This is heaven! A sweet Chocolatey-minty syrup with the finest Peppermint oil available grown in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. I’ve used it in smoothies, tonics, desserts, hot chocolate drinks and eaten it by the spoonful. YUMMY!
It is HOT here in North Georgia right now and I wanted to use it in something to take off that edge. Ice cream!!! But not just any ice cream. I wanted something light, cooling and decadent. Cocoa Mint syrup to the rescue! The mint is cooling to the body and the syrup overall is light yet decadent. It reminds me of a peppermint patty. This is a very easy, basic vegan ice cream recipe that you can whip up in a blender and process in an inexpensive ice cream maker. It is seriously the best ice cream I’ve ever had and healthy too. It mimics all the creaminess of dairy ice cream, without any of the upset tummy issues afterwards. I hope you enjoy it as much as Scott and I do. It doesn’t last long in this house.
Chocolate Mint (AKA Peppermint Patty)Vegan Ice Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (organic if you can)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or nut/seed milk of choice (I used homemade hemp milk)
- 1/3 cup NuNaturals Cocoa Mint Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean powder OR 1 TB. vanilla extract
- pinch of pink himalayan salt – to bring out the flavors
Combine all ingredients in a blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend till smooth (a few seconds). Pour into prepared ice cream maker. Churn for 30 minutes. You can eat it now (like soft serve) or transfer it to a container and freeze for 2 hours for ice cream that is nice and firm (like in the photos).
NOW it’s time for that GIVEAWAY I mentioned earlier.
Ron at NuNaturals (who is such a sweet, fantastic guy) offered to host a wonderful giveaway to 4 winners for the following items:
- 1 bottle of the Cherry Vanilla Stevia Liquid
- 50 pkt box of NuStevia White Stevia Powder packets
- 1 bottle of NEW COCOA SYRUP
- a bottle of the NEW SIMPLE SYRUP
- PLUS A FREE BONUS PRODUCT!
Rules and Regulations for Giveaway
* Contest is open to WORLDWIDE audience.
* NuNaturals CAN NOT SHIP TO P O BOXES – Only physical addresses.
* To ENTER, “LIKE” NuNaturals Facebook Page AND leave a comment below how you might use some of these items if you won.
* Contest ends Thursday night (August 7th) and I will be announcing the winner on Friday, August 8th.
* Look forward to hearing from you and let the entries begin. Good luck everyone!! ♥
* In the meantime, you can receive DISCOUNTS on all orders placed on at NuNaturals website : www.nunaturals.com . When you get to the checkout page, just enter the DISCOUNT CODE ; BLG1214 and you will receive – 15% DISCOUNT on your ENTIRE ORDER. This discount remains EFFECTIVE UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2014. Online ordering customers may also receive FREE SHIPPING to the CONTINENTAL U. S. on all orders exceeding $35.00 after discounts.
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
May the GREENS be with You! and Be Inspired! Kibby